Tony Grove Campground is situated on the mountainside above beautiful Tony Grove Lake, about 19 miles east of Logan, Utah, at an elevation of 8,100 feet. This scenic area is known for its vivid summer wildflowers and excellent trails.
Tony Grove Lake is less than a half-mile from the campground. It provides great fishing and canoeing opportunities. A self-guided nature trail circles the lake. Numerous additional hiking trails set off from the day-use site at the lake, accessing the Mount Naomi Wilderness. The popular 4.5-mile White Pine Lake Trail begins here as well.
This primitive campground offers 32 single camp sites and 1 double camp site, some of which are accessible. Each site offers a picnic table and fire ring. A few sites have partial lake views. This campground has a mix of both vault and flush restroom facilities. Roads and parking spurs are gravel. There is access to Tony Grove Lake and to the backcountry trails. Tony Grove is a high elevation campground.
A colorful profusion of geraniums, paintbrush, columbine, lupine, daisies and mountain sunflowers stretches across the meadows and throughout the campground from approximately mid-July through mid-August. Engelmann spruce, white pines and aspens forest the site, offering plentiful shade.
For facility specific information, please call (385) 273-1100.
Only 25 miles away, Bear Lake, is often called the Caribbean of the Rockies for its intense turquoise-blue water. As visitors catch their first glimpse of the lake, they marvel at its color and wonder what makes the lake so blue. The unique color is due to the reflection of the limestone deposits suspended in the lake. The state park offers a developed marina with paved boat ramps and boat slips. In addition, there are boat ramps at several other places around the lake. Each season lends its own characteristic to the lake. Year-round, visitors enjoy a number of recreational and cultural activities. Experience the rush of snowmobiling in the nearby mountains. Navigate your personal watercraft across the turquoise water. Feel the rod-bending excitement of a Bear Lake cutthroat on the end of your fishing line. Sail off into the sunset. Leave the crowds, congestion, and traffic behind to create outdoor memories for your family reunion or vacation while enjoying clean air and a safe environment. Take some time during your own favorite season and enjoy yourself at Bear Lake!
Charges & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night’s use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night’s reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under “Late Cancellations” above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer’s credit card statements as “Recreation.gov 877-444-6777.”
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
In Garden City, UT, at intersection of State Rt. 30 and US Rt. 89, take Rt. 89 south 18.4 miles to Tony Grove Recreation Area sign. Turn right at sign and then take an immediate left and go 6.8 miles to campground on the right.
LOGAN RANGER DISTRICT 435-755-3620 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100comments@AmericanLL.com