Soldier Creek Campground is located on the shore of beautiful Strawberry Reservoir at an elevation of 7,200 feet. Visitors flock to Strawberry for its great fishing, boating and trail opportunities.
Strawberry Reservoir offers excellent boating, water skiing and canoeing. Anglers fish for rainbow trout, cutthroat trout and Kokanee salmon.
Soldier Creek Day Use Area is within 1/4 mile of the campground and has great beach access. A boat ramp, marina, boat rentals, fish cleaning station and small general store are located on-site.
Other popular activities in the Strawberry area include hiking, biking and horseback riding.
This large, popular campground contains a group overnight shelter site that can accommodate up to 100 people. Over 150 single and double-family campsites are also available. Camping spurs are spaced 50-75 feet apart. Located adjacent to Strawberry Reservoir with dump station and boat ramps provided and boat launch and fish cleaning station available. Roads are paved. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring.
Loop A has nice shade from pines and aspens; some sites on this loop have covered picnic tables. Loops B, C and D are nearest the reservoir but have no shade; picnic tables are covered and most have privacy/wind screens. There are no shower facilities at this campground.
The campground offers scenic panoramic views of the reservoir and surrounding valley. It is situated among rolling sagebrush covered hills above the reservoir. Young pine trees and a stand of aspens forest the area, providing limited shade.
For facility specific information, please call (385) 273-1100.
The Strawberry OHV Trail System offers 75 miles of trails. Hikers and mountain bikers enjoy the extensive trail system as well.
Strawberry Visitor Center has interpretive displays, a working fish trap and egg collection station and a nature trail.
Charges & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night’s use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night’s reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under “Late Cancellations” above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer’s credit card statements as “Recreation.gov 877-444-6777.”
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
From Heber City, Utah, take Highway 40 east for 32 miles to Soldier Creek Junction. Turn right and follow south for 2 miles to the campground.HEBER RANGER DISTRICT 435-654-0470 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100comments@AmericanLL.comcomments@AmericanLL.com