Pipi Campground (pronounced "pie pie") offers RV and tent camping along the Middle Fork of the Cosumnes River, offering great fishing and swimming opportunities.
The Cosumnes River flows from the western slopes of the Sierra Nevada and runs for about 52 miles through California’s Central Valley and into the Mokelumne River. Historically, the native Miwok people of northern California used to camp in this region in summertime.
Rainbow trout are regularly stocked in the river and wheelchair accessible fishing is provided from the paved river walkway. The walkway meanders along the river for just under a mile.
A spacious picnic area is located along the river. The campground provides drinking water and vault toilets. Most parking aprons are paved, but some are gravel. Single sites fit a maximum of two vehicle and six people.
Interpretive programs take place in peak season.
At an elevation of 4,100 feet, PiPi boasts three camp loops with a dense mixture of conifers like cedar and fir. The area is part of the Eldorado National Forest located in the central Sierra Nevada. A Mediterranean climate extends over most of the forest with warm, dry summers and cold, wet winters.
Charges & Cancellations
- Recreation Fee: Recreation fees are the fees a visitor pays for things like overnight camping, a day-use pavilion, group facilities, a tour or a permit. Recreation fees vary by location and/or activity.
- Reservation Fee: A fee may be charged at the time a reservation is made to cover the cost of reservation services. This fee is in addition to the Recreation Fee and is non-refundable. Fees for camping, day use, group sites, cabins and lookouts: $8 if made on-line; $9 if made through the call center; $3 if made in-person.
- Change Fee: A service fee may be charged at the time a modification is made depending on the changes.
- Cancellation Fee: A $10 service fee will be withheld from any refunds for a cancelled reservation.
- Cut-Off Window: The latest date and/or time that you can make an advanced reservation or a change to an existing reservation. Cut-off windows can vary by location, but are typically 4 days before your arrival date. A customer who cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival will pay a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night’s use fee (see Late Cancellation below).
- Late Cancellation: If you cancel your reservation too close to the start date, additional service fees may be withheld.
From Jackson, California, head east on Highway 88 for 26 miles to Omo Ranch
Road. Turn north (left) on Omo Ranch Rd. and follow for 1 mile to North South Road. Turn right on North South Road and continue for about 6 miles into the campground.+1 (209) 295-4414