Ninemile Lake Campground is perfect for people wanting to do some exploring while camping. A boat ramp leads to Ninemile Lake, complete with islands and hidden bays. For birders and hikers, there is a trail through boreal hardwoods beginning across the road from the campground entrance with 0.5 miles of maintained trail and 4.5 miles of unmaintained hiking trail. Advanced wayfinding and backcountry navigation skills are necessary for the unmaintained portion. North of the campground on County 7 is access to Echo Lake, a portage access to Goldeneye Lake, and slightly further north is access to the Crooked Lake Canoe Route
Ninemile Lake Campground is off County Road 7, northwest of Schroeder and northeast of Finland.
- From MN 61, at Schroeder, turn on Co.1 (Cramer Rd.)
- Follow Co.1 (it will turn to Co.8) about 10 miles to Co.7.
- Turn right on Co.7, and go 4 miles.
- The campground entrance is on the left.
- Alternatively, from MN 61 north of Silver Bay, take MN 1 to Finland.
- In Finland, take Co. 7 to Ninemile Lake on left.