Gerle Creek Campground is nestled on the banks of the Gerle Creek Fork among a lush forest of hardwoods. The area provides lots of opportunity for fishing and water play. Hiking and biking are also popular.
Swimming, canoeing, kayaking and fishing are some of the fun things to do on the creek. Common fish species include brown and rainbow trout. An accessible fishing dock is located on-site.
The Gerle Creek Interpretive Trail is fully accessible and provides scenic views and interesting displays.
The campground offers single and double-family campsites, many of which are accessible. Each site is equipped with a picnic table and campfire ring. Vault toilets are provided and firewood is available for purchase.
Gerle Creek Campground sits at an elevation of 5,300 feet, upstream of Gerle Creek Divide Reservoir. It is on the Georgetown Divide within the Eldorado National Forest. Gerle Creek was named for two brothers who were early settlers and farmers in the region.
Eldorado National Forest boasts over 400 miles of hiking trails, an abundance of lakes and rivers for fishing and swimming, and incredible scenery. The climate is similar to that of the Mediterranean, with warm, dry summers and cold, wet winters.
Union Valley Reservoir and Loon Lake are within a short drive of the campground, offering additional fishing and boating opportunities.
Charges & Cancellations
- Recreation Fee: Recreation fees are the fees a visitor pays for things like overnight camping, a day-use pavilion, group facilities, a tour or a permit. Recreation fees vary by location and/or activity.
- Reservation Fee: A fee may be charged at the time a reservation is made to cover the cost of reservation services. This fee is in addition to the Recreation Fee and is non-refundable. Fees for camping, day use, group sites, cabins and lookouts: $8 if made on-line; $9 if made through the call center; $3 if made in-person.
- Change Fee: A service fee may be charged at the time a modification is made depending on the changes.
- Cancellation Fee: A $10 service fee will be withheld from any refunds for a cancelled reservation.
- Cut-Off Window: The latest date and/or time that you can make an advanced reservation or a change to an existing reservation. Cut-off windows can vary by location, but are typically 4 days before your arrival date. A customer who cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival will pay a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night’s use fee (see Late Cancellation below).
- Late Cancellation: If you cancel your reservation too close to the start date, additional service fees may be withheld.
From Placerville, drive 21 miles east on Highway 50 to the Icehouse Road turnoff. Turn left and go 28 miles north. Take the left fork 3 miles to the campground.831-245-6891comments@AmericanLL.com