Diamond Campground is located among shady cottonwoods and willow at an elevation of 5,200 feet. The family sites are located just 15 miles from Spanish Fork and the group sites are 2-3 miles further. Visitors enjoy exploring local trails and relaxing along the stream.
The stream and creek offer fishing for brown and cutthroat trout. An interpretive nature trail winds through the campground along the stream. Hiking, biking and off-road vehicle trails are abundant in the area.
This large campground offers group sites, single and double-family sites and walk-to tent sites. Vault toilets and drinking water are provided. Picnic tables, fire rings, utility tables and cement site pads are provided at each site; some sites on less-shady Loop B have picnic shelters.
Group sites have picnic shelters, tables, campfire rings, grills, water spigots and large parking areas. Sites 1A and B are about 2 miles beyond the family campground and sites 3-6 are a mile beyond that.
Diamond Fork Stream and Wanrhodes Creek run through the site. Loop A has nice cover from cottonwoods and is more shady; Loop B is more open with few trees but plentiful grasses and sagebrush.
For facility specific information, please call (385) 273-1100.
Diamond Fork Canyon has an array of things to do and see. Red Ledges Picnic Area is located less than a mile from the campground, with beautiful red rock formations like Diamond Fork Arch.
Fifth Water Hot Springs is a popular attraction. A 2.5-mile trail rewards hikers with scenic views and several hot springs pools of varying temperatures.
Monks Hollow Trail for hiking, biking and off-road vehicle riding, begins 5 miles from the campground.
Charges & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night’s use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night’s reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under “Late Cancellations” above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer’s credit card statements as “Recreation.gov 877-444-6777.”
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
From I-15, take exit 258 and turn east toward Spanish Fork Canyon. Continue up Spanish Fork Canyon for about 9 miles to Forest Road 029/Diamond Fork Canyon. Turn left into Diamond Fork Canyon and travel 6 miles northeast to campground.
37 single sites – $24.00, capacity – 8 people
19 double sites – $48.00, capacity – 16 people
4 glamping sites – $133.00, capacity – 4 people (deposit required)
2 group sites (1A & 1B) – $75.00, capacity – 25 people
1 group site tent only (#2) – $168.00, capacity – 75 people
3 group sites (#4, #5, & #6) – $168.00, capacity – 75 people
1 group site (#3) – $295.00, capacity – 125 people
Day Use in a campground site – $10.00
Extra Vehicle – $10.00 per vehicle
SPANISH FORK RANGER DISTRICT 801-798-3571 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100comments@AmericanLL.comN