Bridger Lake Campground is located next to its namesake on the northern slope of the Uinta Mountains at an elevation of 9,400 feet. Visitors enjoy fishing, canoeing and exploring local trails.
Bridger Lake offers rainbow and cutthroat trout fishing, canoeing, kayaking and boating for other small watercraft. A small boat ramp is on-site.
Several ATV, hiking, biking and horseback riding trails crisscross the area. China Meadows Trailhead is nearby, giving hikers and horseback riders access to the High Uintas.
This campground contains several single and two double campsites, each equipped with a picnic table and campfire ring. Two accessible sites are available, both with cement parking spurs and site pads. All other sites have gravel surfaces. Some sites have partial lake views.
Drinking water, vault toilets and trash collection are provided at the campground. A camp host is located on-site. A dump station is located about half a mile away, across the road from Stateline.
A thin forest of lodgepole pine, ponderosa pine and aspen covers the area. Shade is minimal. Summer wildflowers and grasses dot the campground. A variety of wildlife makes its home around the lake, including moose and deer.
The Uinta Mountains are comprised of beautiful canyons, soaring peaks, pristine lakes, rivers and streams. Outdoor enthusiasts come to enjoy the natural beauty of this rugged region. The area is filled with hiking, biking and horseback and off-road vehicle riding trails. Numerous lakes provide fishing and canoeing opportunities.
For facility specific information, please call (385) 273-1100.
Charges & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night’s use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night’s reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under “Late Cancellations” above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer’s credit card statements as “Recreation.gov 877-444-6777.”
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
From Mountain View, Wyoming, take Highway 410 south for 7 miles, then County Road 283 for 8.2 miles. Turn onto Forest Road 072 and travel 7.9 miles to Forest Road 126. Turn onto FR 126 for a short distance to the campground.EVANSTON-MOUNTAIN VIEW RANGER DISTRICT 307-789-3194 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100comments@AmericanLL.comcomments@AmericanLL.com