Black Oak Campground is group camping destination near Stumpy Meadows Lake on the Eldorado National Forest. The forest boasts over 400 miles of hiking trails and an abundance of lakes and rivers for fishing and swimming.
Stumpy Meadows Lake, with its clear waters and 5-mph speed limit, offers plenty of swimming, kayaking and canoeing opportunities. The lake is regularly stocked with rainbow trout from May to August. Campers also enjoy birding and picnicking.
The group campground offers one RV site and three tent-only sites. The RV site accommodates up to 75 people, while the tent sites accommodate groups of 25 or 50. Each site is equipped with picnic and serving tables, grills and a campfire circle. Vault toilets are provided. A dump station is located on-site.
Black Oak sits at an elevation of 4,400 feet, within walking distance of the lake in the foothills of the rugged Sierra Nevada Range in California.
In the Eldorado National Forest, the climate is similar to that of the Mediterranean, with warm, dry summers and cold, wet winters.
The El Dorado County Scenic Byway offers miles of scenic driving.
Charges & Cancellations
- Recreation Fee: Recreation fees are the fees a visitor pays for things like overnight camping, a day-use pavilion, group facilities, a tour or a permit. Recreation fees vary by location and/or activity.
- Reservation Fee: A fee may be charged at the time a reservation is made to cover the cost of reservation services. This fee is in addition to the Recreation Fee and is non-refundable. Fees for camping, day use, group sites, cabins and lookouts: $8 if made on-line; $9 if made through the call center; $3 if made in-person.
- Change Fee: A service fee may be charged at the time a modification is made depending on the changes.
- Cancellation Fee: Customers who cancel a group overnight facility reservation less than 14 days before the arrival date will pay a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night’s use fee..
- Cut-Off Window: The latest date and/or time that you can make an advanced reservation or a change to an existing reservation. Cut-off windows can vary by location, but are typically 14 days before your arrival date.
- Late Cancellation: If you cancel your reservation too close to the start date, additional service fees may be withheld.
From Georgetown, head northeast on Main Street/Wentworth Springs Roadd toward Orleans Street. Continue to follow Wentworth Springs Road for 17 miles and cross the dam at Stumpy Meadows Lake. Continue 1 mile to the campground.831-245-6891comments@AmericanLL.comcomments@AmericanLL.com