Anderson Cove Campground is a popular facility located 10 miles east of Ogden, Utah, on the banks of Pineview Reservoir in scenic Ogden Valley. Visitors enjoy boating, fishing and swimming.
Campers come to Anderson Cove for picnicking, fishing, swimming and boating. Pineview Reservoir offers excellent water skiing opportunities. Kayaking and canoeing are popular on the reservoir’s quieter coves.
A boat ramp, swimming beach, volleyball courts and horseshoe pits are located within the campground.
This large campground contains five group sites that can accommodate up to 100 people. Two of these sites are accessible and all five have large picnic shelters. Several single and double-family sites are available as well. Vault toilets and drinking water are provided. A dump station and small general store are located on-site.
FACILITY CONTACT INFORMATION:
Anderson Cove Campground phone line: 801-745-2265
Cemetery Point Day Use Area phone line: 801-745-6502
Port Ramp Marina phone line: 801-745-6390
Magpie Campground phone line: 801-745-1765
Southfork Campground phone line: 801-745-4446
Perception Park Campground phone line: 801-745-6302
Willows Campground phone line: 801-745-1684
Anderson Cove lies at an elevation of 5,000 feet. Its open meadows and manicured lawns are lined with a variety of shade trees. Temperatures are warm during the day.
Ogden River Scenic Byway, this beautiful byway, beginning at the mouth of Ogden Canyon winds through 44 miles of Utah’s most beautiful mountains and countryside. Rock walls and tree-covered mountain sides line the roadway that follows the Ogden River to Pineview Dam. Small islands dot the man-made reservoir and surrounding fields are either shades of green or snow-white. The magnificent Wasatch Mountain Range stretches heavenward and the mountains cradle the reservoir and small communities through which the byway passes in their gentle valleys.
This location has limited staffing. Please call (385) 273-1100 for general information.
Charges & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night’s use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night’s reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under “Late Cancellations” above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer’s credit card statements as “Recreation.gov 877-444-6777.”
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
From Ogden, Utah, take 12th Street east through Ogden Canyon. Continue on Highway 39 north of Pineview Reservoir; campground is on the left side of highway.OGDEN RANGER DISTRICT 801-625-5112 OR ANDERSON COVE 801-745-2265 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100comments@AmericanLL.comcomments@AmericanLL.com